Read the following passage and answer the questions given below:
Even the dogs would be given snuff. Kashtanka would sneeze, shake her head and walk away, offended. But Eel, too polite to sneeze, would wag his tail. And the weather was glorious. The air still, transparent and fresh. It was a dark night, but the whole village with its white roofs, the smoke rising from the chimneys, the trees, silver with rime, the snow-drifts, could be seen distinctly. The sky was sprinkled with gaily twinkling stars, and the Milky Way stood out as clearly as if newly scrubbed for the holiday and polished with snow….
1. How would Kashtanka react to the snuff?
2. How does the author describe the climate of the place?
3. What sights does a person see in the dark night?
4. Identify a word from the passage that means ‘to rub something hard in order to clean it’.
5. Read the sentence from the passage.
The Milky Way stood out as clearly as if newly scrubbed for the holiday. Now, write a sentence using ‘as if .
1. sneeze , shake her head and walk away offended.
2.Glorious with the air still, transparent and fresh
3. The whole village with its white roofs, smoke rising from the chimneys, the trees silver with rime, the snow drifts/sky sprinkled with gaily twinkling stars and the clear and shining Milky Way.
5. The sky seemed dark and cloudy as if it would rain.